EDI and Lasernet
Today, a wide range of business documents are exchanged as EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) between companies.
The process typically consists of a series of steps - and thus documents:
- The buyer sends an electronic order
- The seller confirms the order
- In addition, there may be order changes and notifications
- The item is delivered and the invoice is sent (possibly with shipping documents)
The above process is supported by Lasernet which handles two tasks in the process.
- Conversion to/from the appropriate EDI format
- Sending and automatic distribution of documents - directly via FTP or via a VANS
The advantage of using Lasernet for the task is that there is thus just a single format to/from the ERP system, even if you work with many different trading partners.
There are several ways to send and receive EDI documents. Thus, Lasernet is able to use:
- VANS (e.g. Sproom, KMD, IBM, OB10, Itella, Basware or Evenex)
- SMTP (e-mail)
Often, the trading partner's preferences are the ones met. Unless otherwise agreed, it is cheaper to send documents directly via Internet/Lasernet.
A variety of formats is used (and referred to as EDI), including
- SWIFT and SEPA, see also this link for more info.
- Sub-standards like DAVID, BYG-e and HAMKOM protocols.
Lasernet supports them all.
Tabellae A/S has delivered EDI solutions for i.e. Plast-Team,.Danske Spil, Le Creuset, Catering Engros (Dagrofa), Room Copenhagen, SFK Food, Sika Footwear, Dyrup, Weber, Kim Johansen Transport, Biblioteksmedier A/S, Scriptor, DKI Group and others.
See how Danske Spil uses EDI for its partners (chains):