EDI and Lasernet | EDI solution for e-invoicing from Tabellae
Now you don’t need a standalone EDI solution for exchanging electronic documents – Tabellae can act as your EDI supplier. It is both a cheaper and faster solution.
A large number of business documents, such as invoices, orders and delivery notes, are exchanged as EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). Often, large amounts of data are transferred electronically from one IT system to another.
Savings on operation and time with EDI solution
"EDI is expensive and takes a long time", we often hear. This is not the case with Tabellae. In competing solutions, EDI is typically transaction-based. This is not the case with Tabellae, because you will own the software Lasernet. It gives you:
- Savings on operation because everything doesn't have to go via VANS
- Savings in time due to customization of formats and changes before sending
If you deliver many documents to different customers and/or suppliers, the daily savings are great. For example, in Food, Construction Markets and Transport, which typically has many documents and data exchange.
Handle both outgoing documents and EDI with the same solution
With Lasernet Output Management you get a solution that can handle both outgoing documents AND EDI - then you do not need an independent EDI system to exchange documents electronically.
If you work with EDI and have many suppliers, you probably know the problem that not all customers and suppliers should have the same format. With Lasernet for EDI, data is handled automatically with a minimum of manual functions, and the solution is cost-effective thanks to a low number of consultant hours for adjustments. You get a rule-based setup where:
- Templates become easy to create and maintain. For example, you do not need to create the same format 10 times, but just one.
- You avoid creating the same format for different customers
- You can turn sections on/off, whether they are to be used or not
- You will be able to more easily design and maintain business documents
Tabellae has delivered EDI to, among others:
Danske Spil had to send out 10,000 documents - and it had to go fast. With Lasernet, they saved DKK 1 per document. Click and watch video case with Danske Spil, which uses EDI for its partners (chains):
The Technical Part
Today, a wide range of business documents are exchanged as EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) between companies. The process typically consists of a series of steps - and thus documents:
- The buyer sends an electronic order
- The seller confirms the order
- In addition, there may be order changes and notifications
- The item is delivered and the invoice is sent (possibly with shipping documents)
The above process is supported by Lasernet which handles two tasks in the process.
- Conversion to/from the appropriate EDI format
- Sending and automatic distribution of documents - directly via FTP or via a VANS
The advantage of using Lasernet for the task is that there is thus just a single format to/from the ERP system, even if you work with many different trading partners.
There are several ways to send and receive EDI documents. Thus, Lasernet is able to use:
- VANS (e.g. Sproom, KMD, IBM, OB10, Itella, Basware or Evenex)
- SMTP (e-mail)
Often, the trading partner's preferences are the ones met. Unless otherwise agreed, it is cheaper to send documents directly via Internet/Lasernet.
Would you like to make your next ERP project easier? Then leave a message for us and we will contact you as soon as possible.
An EDI solution that supports any EDI format
As an EDI supplier, Tabellae offers a solution that enables, for example, EDI invoices to be converted from the supplier's to the customer's EDI format and vice versa. Many EDI systems have limitations on which formats, also called EDI standards that the system supports. Tabellae's EDI solution supports all types of EDI format such as:
- SWIFT and SEPA, see also this link for more info.
- Sub-standards like DAVID, BYG-e and HAMKOM protocols.
An EDI system that supports all EDI formats will not only facilitate workflows within the company, but also ensure that your customers and suppliers always receive electronic order confirmations, orders and e-invoices in the desired format.